Earlier this year, RiverCities Transit (RCT) faced a shortage of Transit Operators, causing the additional mid-day service (the “B routes”) on Routes 31 and 32 to be canceled.
RCT is now proposing to add Route 30, which will cover and provide 30-minute service to many of the busiest stops on Routes 31 and 32. Service is proposed to begin on November 18, 2019.
Popular stops include:
- 15th Ave Safeway,
- St. John’s Hospital,
- the Highlands, Olympic, and St Helens neighborhoods,
- Ocean Beach & 32nd Ave, and
- 7th Ave Wal-Mart.
Route 30 will run Monday – Friday, the first trip departing the Longview Transit Center at 10:30 a.m. and last trip departing at 4:30 p.m.
Public comment on the Route 30 service change is welcome until November 13, 2019, concluding with the Cowlitz Transit Authority public hearing on the proposed service at 4:00 p.m., Longview City Hall in the Second Floor Council Chambers.
Comments may be made in several ways:
- Email CustomerService@RCTransit.org
- Call Customer Service at 360-442-5663
- Send a message or post a comment on RiverCities Transit’s Facebook page
- Mail your comments to RiverCities Transit, PO Box 128, Longview, WA 98632
- In-person you may drop your comment off at the Longview Transit Center, 1050 11th Avenue, Longview, WA, 98632
- Verbally in front of the Cowlitz Transit Authority at a public hearing scheduled for 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, November 13, 2019, in Council Chambers at Longview City Hall
Longview City Hall is accessible for persons with disabilities. Special equipment to assist the hearing impaired is also available. Please contact the City Executive Office at 360.442.5004 at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance if you require special accommodations to attend the meeting.